Video of the entrance to St. Patrick's Creek and
Charts and satellite views of St. Patrick's Creek channel
Cather Marine is located on St. Patrick's Creek, just north of Colton's Point and St. Clements Island. The channel entrance begins at Red Flashing #2. Steer directly for Red #4. This mark is in the center of the channel, so pass it as close as possible. The Green can buoy adjacent to it is on the shoal, so stay away from it. Next, steer for the center of the next set of red and green marks. Do not steer for the red mark as it shoals somewhat on that side. After this, just follow the next two red and green marks and stay in the middle of the creek until you get to Cather's on the left.
1. From the Beltway take Rt. 5 South 12.6 miles.
2. At Rt. 5 bypass, take Left at sign “To Leonardtown & St. Mary’s County” 3.3 miles.
3. Turn left on Rt. 5.
4. Follow Rt. 5 to the Wha Wha 17.6 mi (Rt. 235 and Rt. 5 split).
5. Turn Right to stay on Rt. 5.
6. Rt. 5 to Morganza. 5.9 mi.
7. Turn Right on Rt. 242 to Clements. 4 miles.
8. Follow Rt. 242 around the circle & stay on Rt. 242 for 12 miles.
9. Turn Left on Palmer Rd. .4 miles
10. Turn left into Cather Marine.
Click Here for a link to NOAA's online charts.
Click Here for a link to the National Weather Service Marine Forecast.
Click Here for a link to MarineWeather.net's tide forecast for Colton's Point.
Click Here for SailFlow wind predictions.
Click Here for current buoy data in our area.